well happy may day, a great holiday in my opinion, a celebration of spring and political protest! i have not been up to too much in the studio, so once again i will inundate you with pastoral scenes from my back yard.
so here is what is happening in the yard:
• spinach that was planted in august under hoops is still going strong
• the ornamental pear tree in our front yard is in bloom, detroit has a lot of flowering trees, so spring
here is quite lovely!
• new garden beds have been prepped and are ready for planting
• our carpet of violets in the side yard has returned!
• a bird house i put out 3 years ago is finally inhabited by a bird, i have not figured out what kind of bird,
but seeing a twiggy nest in there was quite exciting
• fava beans popping out of the ground