today was another good studio day. i started on the path to making a photo polymer plate for letterpress. i was going to do a rubylith cut, but decided that it would make a better drawing than papercut. so i did what i know how to do and drew. here are some process shots of the drawing. i will take more of the final platemaking and printing.
this a my initial rough sketch for the drawing on crappy photocopy paper. just working out placement, shape and such.
i then used the light-box here to transfer my sketch onto nice drawing paper. it has made me realize that i should really make one. it would save me a ton of hassle.
then, using faber castell artists pens i start inking and outline of the drawing. after that is complete i erase all my pencil marks.
after i finish the outlines i start working on inking i n details and figuring out the background. the background i will usually sketch on tracing paper first to make decisions.
here is the final drawing that will get scanned in to make a plate. i will write more about that process tomorrow. we also made palm leaf books today.